Tuesday 9 August 2016

Oloyede Assures Of Continuity Of Good Policies In JAMB



By Winifred Ogbebo



The new Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, has assured his predecessor, Prof Dibu Ojerinde of  of his willingness to continue the implementation of good policies he embarked upon.

Speaking during the formal handing over ceremony and assumption of office yesterday in Abuja, the new registrar added that there was room to make some changes.

He said: “Let us do it together.

Given my full awareness of the transiency of life and its phenomena, it is my resolve to put my best in any task before me since I fortunately won’t be doing it forever. It is even more relevant on this occasion because this work may be short, truncated or long.

“Whether my period here is short, truncated or long, what is important is to do my bit and leave the stage better than we met it, just as my predecessors have done. Setting the stage is a collective responsibility and we all have to make this great Board even greater.”

Oloyede added that the examination board has a quality of super abundance manpower which in addition to his qualities and experiences from over the years, would further develop a better and greater board.

“The time is short and we need to hit the ground running, with the fervent hope that the same support you accorded my predecessors which was instrumental to their success, will be accorded me too.

“I cannot but thank, at this juncture, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, for all what we have shared. One thing I want to assure you is that I won’t spoil the good work you have done.

We have been very close though many people did not know that when we disagreed some years back on policy, he was doing his work as the JAMB Registrar and I was doing mine as the Chairman of AVCNU.

“Each of us was being patriotic to his constituency at that time. I sincerely believe that when you look back, you won’t have a cause to shake your head in contempt of what the JAMB you left has become.
“No! I, with the support of these distinguished ladies and gentlemen, will only strive to keep the flag of JAMB flying and its banner aloft.

“I am inheriting a great JAMB but there is still sufficient room for improvement so that the Board can even be greater if we all change accordingly,” the JAMB boss added.

Oloyede, further revealed a five point agenda which includes ; an enhanced staff welfare, discipline, improved technology, transparency and advanced networking.

He stressed that part of his agenda was to key into the “change” mantra of the current Government by continuing to build on the legacy left behind his illustrious predecessors and “change” whatever deserves to be changed.

Earlier the immediate past Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, assured on the competency of the new Registrar in deploying his duties to further improve and develop JAMB.

“I am sure you will make things better than you found it. I am not surprised you are coming.”

Ojerinde who received various eulogies from staff for his hard work and ability to transform JAMB during his nine years in  office, urged the directors, zonal and state coordinators of JAMB to grant Oloyede the same cooperation  he enjoyed while serving as their boss.

Source:leadership

Follow us on twitter :@mmdbozz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only Two Tribes In Nigeria

Not many remember what happened in Riyom, Plateau state many years ago. In case you’re among the many who didn’t, this story of mine will re...